Experience With Horses Not Required
Each miraculous step MANE’s students take would not be possible without the hard work and dedication of well-trained volunteers. Volunteers are an integral part of MANE’s programs – in fact, they are arguably at the core of all success stories. Volunteers are involved with many facets of the work at MANE and assist in a variety of ways, by:
- Leading horses during lessons
- Walking alongside riders during lessons
- Assisting riders with grooming and tacking
- Caring for horses
- Assisting with fundraisers and community outreach events
- Assisting with various administrative duties
- Helping with grounds/site maintenance
- Sharing their talents through photography, arts & crafts, and gardening
Please consider joining MANE’s exceptional team of volunteers! Whether you can offer us an hour a week of your time or several hours every day, there is never a shortage of volunteer opportunities at MANE – even when lessons are not in progress. Experience with horses is not required! We’ll teach you everything you need to know. All that is required is that you:
- Are at least 14 years of age (or have parental supervision)
- Enjoy working with (or have a desire to learn to work with) people with special needs
- Read through MANE’s volunteer handbook and attend a volunteer training
Volunteer training is normally held the first Tuesday of each month at 4pm but is subject to change.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please contact MANE.
Learn more on our Facebook page.